Porphyria – a disease of vampiresFebruary 10th, 2009 | 10 Comments
Porphyria is not one disease, but a group of at least eight different diseases that are significantly different. The common feature for all porphyria is accumulation of porphyria. We can find porphyria in our body, but it is not good when porphyria start to accumulation in body. Treatment and symptoms of different types of Porphyria are different. Symptoms are usually a result of disease activity on the nervous system and skin.
Name of porphyrins come from the Greek word “porphyrus” which means purple (vivid red-violet colour).
Because of how people who suffer of Porphyria looks, many people started to believe that they are vampires.
Are patients with Porphyria vampires?
Biochemist David Dolphin in 1985. proposed theory by which the vampires will be persons who was suffering of Porphyria. Here are his a arguments:
1. Persons who suffering of Porphyria are very sensitive to light. Even moderate exposure to light can sometimes cause big changes. The skin on face can be covered by scars. Nose and fingers may fall off. Oral and dental meat can be tense so teeth can be very visible.
2. They must avoid the sun, and come out only at night, just as Dracula.
3. Porphyria can be treated in some way with blood, so people can practice self-healing (drinking blood of other people)
4. Porphyria come from our grandfather of grandmother, but it does not have to be expressed until stressful situations. Also, if person who suffering of Porphyria bite sister or brother the simptoms can be viewed on biten person.
5. Garlic contain chemicals that cause deterioration of Porphyria, so sick person avoid it.